Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Switch to Invisionfree

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
feelsgoodman
Starting Off.
Starting Off.
feelsgoodman

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Switch to Invisionfree Empty
PostSubject: Switch to Invisionfree   Switch to Invisionfree EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 2:12 pm

Really, do it.

Also, 'emplimented' is spelled 'implemented'.
Back to top Go down
torn2peices
Admin
Admin
torn2peices

Number of posts : 57
Name : Devon Pronounced Devin. Pronounce it right, Dumb fucks.
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Switch to Invisionfree   Switch to Invisionfree EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 2:31 pm

Why? After I spent all the time working on this that I have. And thank you for the implement spelling correction.
Back to top Go down
http://tornssociety.secretstories.org
feelsgoodman
Starting Off.
Starting Off.
feelsgoodman

PostSubject: Re: Switch to Invisionfree   Switch to Invisionfree EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 2:39 pm

This looks amateur-ish and cluttered, and Invisionfree has way better customization. Besides, I could re-create this in ten minutes on Invisionfree.
Back to top Go down
torn2peices
Admin
Admin
torn2peices

PostSubject: Re: Switch to Invisionfree   Switch to Invisionfree EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 2:40 pm

What's the website? I'll check it out. Just invisionfree.com?
Back to top Go down
feelsgoodman
Starting Off.
Starting Off.
feelsgoodman

PostSubject: Re: Switch to Invisionfree   Switch to Invisionfree EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 2:42 pm

Yeah, www.invisionfree.com. They ended up building www.zetaboards.com, but disregard that. I haven't worked with it, and I don't know how good it is. I just know Invisionfree is a lot easier to work with.
Back to top Go down
torn2peices
Admin
Admin
torn2peices

PostSubject: Re: Switch to Invisionfree   Switch to Invisionfree EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 2:47 pm

I'll leave this up to some other members.

Switch to invisionfree? And ditch this one? What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
cwo04
Going Somewhere.
Going Somewhere.
cwo04

Number of posts : 34
Name : Chance Orr

PostSubject: Re: Switch to Invisionfree   Switch to Invisionfree EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 4:49 pm

Just leave it. who cares heh.
Back to top Go down
feelsgoodman
Starting Off.
Starting Off.
feelsgoodman

PostSubject: Re: Switch to Invisionfree   Switch to Invisionfree EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 12:11 pm

cwo04 wrote:
Just leave it. who cares heh.

Well if you ever plan on expanding - y'know, adding features, making navigation easier, Invisionfree is definitely the way to go. It also has thousands of customizable skins as well as skin changers. It's just overall a better forum host, and it's best to switch to it before anything big happens.
Back to top Go down
torn2peices
Admin
Admin
torn2peices

PostSubject: Re: Switch to Invisionfree   Switch to Invisionfree EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 12:24 pm

The only reason were staying here is because for 20 dollars 1 year (+1 free year) we can have a real url such as www.hellsarmy.com. Or something along those lines. Does invisionfree have a way to perform that task?
Back to top Go down
feelsgoodman
Starting Off.
Starting Off.
feelsgoodman

PostSubject: Re: Switch to Invisionfree   Switch to Invisionfree EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 2:55 pm

Yep. Invisionfree Domain Support (You may need to register an account at their official forums to view the topics.

Also: http://z4.invisionfree.com/HellsArmy/index.php?act=idx in 15 minutes (not finished, but you get the idea - also, no buttons were added, just the base skin). I don't know about this forum host's member groups, but IF has easy to make member groups that are completely customizable as far as permissions go, as well as ranks/titles.
Back to top Go down
torn2peices
Admin
Admin
torn2peices

PostSubject: Re: Switch to Invisionfree   Switch to Invisionfree EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 3:08 pm

I took a look at it and I don't like how it has that ad, Ads make things look nasty. So unless there's a way to delete that ad (for free in the mean time) There's no way in hell. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
feelsgoodman
Starting Off.
Starting Off.
feelsgoodman

PostSubject: Re: Switch to Invisionfree   Switch to Invisionfree EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 3:11 pm

$5, or be smarter than your average eating utensil and download Adblock Plus.
Back to top Go down
torn2peices
Admin
Admin
torn2peices

PostSubject: Re: Switch to Invisionfree   Switch to Invisionfree EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 3:26 pm

Download potentially dangerous software to my computer just to have an ad go away when there are no ads here and I didn't have to download anything? If you can download it and it work we can have that an an extension of the site.
Back to top Go down
feelsgoodman
Starting Off.
Starting Off.
feelsgoodman

PostSubject: Re: Switch to Invisionfree   Switch to Invisionfree EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 4:13 pm

You know absolutely nothing about what you're doing here.

First of all, it's not software. If you'd checked it out, it's a Firefox extension. It's not going to affect your overall system at all. Second, "potentially harmful" is a joke. It's got over 19 million downloads from the Mozilla Addon site alone, as well as a 5/5 star average rating. If your claims are right, 19 million people have broken computers.

Second, it doesn't remove "just one ad". It'll remove basically any advertisment on any site, and if it doesn't, you can add it to the list. Anybody using the Internet should be browsing with Firefox, and anyone using Firefox should be using Adblock Plus.

And even then, IF is just better in almost every way. If you want to ignore it because you don't want to install an almost obligatory browser add-on, just to avoid seeing an ad, be my guest - but don't insult my intelligence about it.
Back to top Go down
torn2peices
Admin
Admin
torn2peices

PostSubject: Re: Switch to Invisionfree   Switch to Invisionfree EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 4:17 pm

Installing it now. And I wasn't insulting your intelligence in any way.
Back to top Go down
Deuce
Admin
Admin
Deuce

Number of posts : 40
Name : robert

PostSubject: Re: Switch to Invisionfree   Switch to Invisionfree EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 4:19 pm

feelsgoodman wrote:
You know absolutely nothing about what you're doing here.

First of all, it's not software. If you'd checked it out, it's a Firefox extension. It's not going to affect your overall system at all. Second, "potentially harmful" is a joke. It's got over 19 million downloads from the Mozilla Addon site alone, as well as a 5/5 star average rating. If your claims are right, 19 million people have broken computers.

Second, it doesn't remove "just one ad". It'll remove basically any advertisment on any site, and if it doesn't, you can add it to the list. Anybody using the Internet should be browsing with Firefox, and anyone using Firefox should be using Adblock Plus.

And even then, IF is just better in almost every way. If you want to ignore it because you don't want to install an almost obligatory browser add-on, just to avoid seeing an ad, be my guest - but don't insult my intelligence about it.

Ok, listen here. We don't tell you how to live. We don't insult your intelligence. We know what we're doing. We own this forum, and we're doing what's in our, and the members', best interest. That first sentence has earned you a 24 hour ban for flaming the staff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Switch to Invisionfree   Switch to Invisionfree Empty

Back to top Go down

Switch to Invisionfree
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: About... :: Site Suggestions.-
Jump to: